Established and growing mid-Peninsula based General Contracting Firm, specializing in Commercial Construction, is searching for a seasoned individual to help the company grow to the next level.
We are searching for a hands on individual with a “can do attitude” to be responsible for the construction management of projects from preconstruction services through customer move-in.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Prepare job schedules using MS Project, primavera or Fast Track.
- Profitably complete the subcontractor buy-out and subcontractor selection. Prepare all aspects of the subcontractor process including subcontracts, change orders, purchase orders, submittals and RFI’s.
- Maintain project files both physically and digitally in an orderly manner.
- Run the owner/contractor weekly job meetings including timely follow up and distribution of minutes.
- Review monthly billings and approve all job invoices.
- Manage the project close out process including preparing the punch list and making sure it is completed, submitting the close out package to the owner.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Requires a minimum of 7 years as a commercial Project Manager with a Building Contractor (or in business by himself) with a track record of successful project completions and high customer satisfaction.
- Stable employment history with no more than 3 employers over the last 10 years, (or at least 5 years owning his contracting business).
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
- College degree a plus
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, with an emphasis on accuracy and proper follow-up/reporting.
- Solid computer skills in MS Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Must be an excellent negotiator and at the same time a team builder.
- Portray a professional image, while displaying a high level of integrity and professionalism when representing the company to all project related parties including owners, architects, engineers, vendors and municipal agencies.
- Highly competitive base salary
- Car allowance
- Lucrative profit split program based on the individual’s own projects’ profits
- Full medical/dental plan
- Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays
- 401K program
- Our newly remodeled offices provide a great working environment in a company that recognizes those individuals that go the extra mile for the company.
Owners of Construction/ Architectural Businesses (who are tired of wondering where the next paycheck will come from) are encouraged to apply.
Send resume in strict confidence (your current employer will not be contacted).