Established and rapidly growing Redwood City based Commercial General Contractor is seeking an assertive individual to assist the project managers.
Excellent working environment within an organization that recognizes those individuals that go the extra mile for the company. Must enjoy working in a high pace environment, where multi-tasking and long hours are properly rewarded through a great compensation package.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Assist the project managers in the administration of the project from inception through the customer move-in.
- Assist in the preparation of new project proposals, assist in the development of estimates and subcontractor’s bidding and walkthroughs.
- Assist in the issuance of the prime contract, and preparation of owner change orders.
- Assist in the subcontractor buy-out and subcontractor selection. Prepare and process all aspects of the subcontractor process including change orders, submittals and RFI’s.
- Assist in the owner/contractor weekly job meetings including timely follow up and distribution of minutes.
- Assist in the management of the project close-out process, including the punch list and submitting the close out package to the owner.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Requires a minimum of 1 year of experience as a project engineer with a Commercial General Contractor (with verifiable former employer’s references)
- College degree a must (engineering, construction management, business or architecture)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Solid computer skills in MS Excel, Word, Outlook & Project.
- Must be able to multi-task in a high pace environment where long hours are expected
- Must be a self-starter and be able to take initiative
- Must portray a professional image, while displaying a high level of integrity and professionalism when representing all project related parties including owners, architects, engineers, vendors and municipal agencies.
- Highly competitive base salary
- Car allowance
- Lucrative profit split program based on the individual’s own projects’ profits
- Full medical/dental plan
- Paid vacation, sick days, and holidays
- 401K program
- Our newly remodeled offices provide a great working environment in a company that recognizes those individuals that go the extra mile for the company.
Email resume in strict confidence (your current employer will not be contacted).
Bay Area residents only.